Sunday 11 February 2007

Spain, Latvia, Germany and Cherry Beer!

After visiting Laura from Spain the one evening I decided to have a look at the apartment of Latvian Laura together with Spanish Laura and Pat. This time the Spanish girls were more creative in cooking and introduced us to Tortilla de Patatas (what other European people like me would just call an Omelette). Anyway, it was really good and if I get the chance to use a real kitchen (maybe at Volker's new place in Munich, which is supposed to be awesome) I'll try the new style of egg-and-potato-mix.
Coming back to what I actually wanted to do, namely making some comments on my favorite Belgium drink so far. I have never really been a fan of beer and therefore been one of a few that could not follow the beer-drinking-tradition of Bavaria. I kind of changed my mind since I got to know the cherry beer in Gent. I know that this statement will attract the anger of the many old-fashioned beer drinkers which may consider the red cans on the picture not a true beer, but I don't care! I make myself a beer drinker! Laura from Latvia (the blond girl) and Pat gonna join me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli,

The belgium cherry beer is also one of my favourites ;) I don't like the other beers at all, but the charry beer, jammie, mmmm it's really tastful and called like a "girl's beer" because there are less boys who enjoyed drinking it.

Kriek rules!!

Hope you have a wonderful time in Belgium and I hope you like being here! En joy it!

Greets,

Lien from indeed, Belgium :)