Sunday 6 May 2007

Weekend in Liege without Liege

Relaxing, beautiful, hilarious, sleepy, hungry, sunny, drunk, chatty, hearty... all words and a lot more would describe my weekend I spent near Liege. Spontaneously, I was invited to go with some people of my former (! - Juchu) Dutch course to the Wallonian part of Belgium. I call it the trip to Liege although I have never seen a single house of this city. We actually stayed in a tiny village close to Huy, which no foreigner knows and therefore leaded us to keep the name "Liege trip".
South Belgium really impressed me. I did not expect it to be so different compared to the Flemish part of Belgium. It is quite hilly with greenish landscape and fresh smell - it made me feel being on real holidays! (Someone may raise the question what real holidays are) Anyway, go and visit Wallonia!
We had so much fun with our little Erasmus group - as Xaver would call it now;).. At the end of the two days we were so organized in buying food, preparing it wherever we spent the time and visiting the region. Of course, I would like to thank Sybille in this moment, who took care of us being one of the representatives of the French-speaking-Belgium-part and having the women-gene of feeling responsible for the group.
At the last day we actually had the pleasure to be guided around in Huy which ended up in walking around for 10 minutes until we reached the city center and had a drink. I should add that I tried peach beer the first time and fell in love with it immediately.
Oh yes, I definately have to mention my first experience with a festival in Wallonia. Pierre had his first concert on Saturday whereas the expression "festival" made me think of a huge place with masses of people. I was joking to prepare the girls with T-shirts that would have single letters of the "PIERRE" name on it in order to support his performance as cheerleader. I should not have mention that because when we passed a little shop, it actually sold - for whatever reason - shirts for very cheap money. Xaver could not resist and reminded me of my great idea which I had considered as purely joke before. Well, you can imagine what happened. Of course, he had to buy those shirts and even contributed some pens so that we could prepare the letters properly . It was basically Antonio and Vincent bringing in their creativity in order to make us cheerleader appear as beautiful as possible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a very Nice Week end un Huy and the first time i meet you ^^

Xa

ViKtor said...

Dear Juli,

You're right, we had a really good time...:-D

I just want you to to remind I'm VICTOR!!!!!!( and not Vincent, even if I like Vincent I prefer to stay me)

Don't forget to smile!